Safety tips and information when you are browsing or shopping online.
- Use a personal firewall to secure your internet connection and computer.
- Use security (anti-virus, spyware) software, update daily and run security scans regularly.
- Use a password to protect your computer when you are away from your desk or configure a password-protected screensaver to be activated after a preset period of inactivity.
- Do not use the auto complete for your username or passwords.
- Be careful where you access your bank account or shop online.
- Avoid public computers or unsecured wireless networks.
- If you have a wireless network at home, make sure you activate the security settings on your router.
- Make sure there is a security icon (the locked padlock or unbroken key symbol) in your browser before you enter your details and that the website address prefix changes from ‘http’ to ‘https’.
- Always make sure you log out properly when you finish banking online - click the log off button and do not simply close the browser.
- Never follow a link from an email purporting to be from your bank - always type the full website address into your web browser.
- Register your ibq credit card with ibq Card Secure to protect you while you are using your cards online
- Ignore emails requesting personal details (such as passwords, account numbers etc).